Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One week to go!

Well, It is just a week from now that I'll be boarding a plane in San Francisco to start the trek to South Africa.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit apprehensive about making this journey all by myself, but I definitely am more excited than worried.    The trip has come together pretty nicely so far - I have tickets to 8 games...

June 12:  England - USA

June 14: Holland - Denmark

June 15: Brazil - North Korea

June 17: Argentina - South Korea

June 18: USA - Slovenia

June 19: Ghana - Australia

June 20: Italy - New Zealand

June 23: USA - Algeria


Also, I got some fantastic help from my friend Eddie Davidson - his friend's brother-in-law is putting me up in Johannesburg.  Without this help I would be out a lot of cash, and it is nice to know that i'll be in a safe environment each night and I won't have to worry at all if I'm being taken advantage of.

So far my schedule is pretty full.  At the moment I plan on trying to find tickets to more games while I'm there, but if I don't, it will still be a successful trip as I'll be seeing all three USA games and every major contender apart from Spain.... in your face, Portugal!

I'll be trying to update this as much as possible during my trip, but I really don't know what my internet access is going to be like.  I'll do my best to share my experiences and photos with you all during my two weeks in Africa.

4 comments:

  1. What do you mean "all three USA games"??? Don't you mean "all three USA opening round games"? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian! My son tells me your blog stinks! You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe...

    I lost my train of thought.

    I am so jealous that you are taking this trip. I still think you should have held a raffle with the rest of us to take one of us with you, but I digress. Be sure to include as many details as possible so I can live vicariously through you as you travel. Like Virtual Reality Genghis Khan said to Lisa on The Simpsons, "You'll go where I go. Defile what I defile. Eat who I eat..."

    This is Forza La Juve by the way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock, brian! what an awesome experience. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hush about Portugal.. lol. I don't claim that Ronaldo Bitch and you know it

    ReplyDelete