Friday, June 11, 2010

Quick Fix / Opening Day

As Eddie pointed out in one of the comments for my last entry, USA-England is on Saturday, not Tuesday like I said. I have no idea why I thought it was on a Tuesday....

...most likely I thought that because I had about 6 hours sleep total from the two previous nights.

On a fantastic note, I went to bed at about 9pm last night and woke up at about 10am this morning. It really was fantastic and now I feel like I'm on South African time - no jet lag for me on this trip. I'm pretty impressed that I managed to beat it as going east is quite difficult to get over sleep wise.

The day is finally here - the first day of the World Cup! Only about 5 hours left until kickoff. I'm going to watch the game at one of the local pubs in Alberton, which is the town I'm staying at. Should be an excellent time.

I'll take some pictures while I'm there and get those posted for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. So, now, where exactly are you going to be watching Saturday's match from? I know, I'm just envious. I'll be at the Brit in Aptos. What fun, eh?
    I love the vids of Bishop Tutu regaling and celebrating. His reception at the opening festivities was overwhelmingly, humbling and well deserved.
    Hey, Henri just had a near hand-ball!
    Tell me, how did the opening compare to the Quidditch World Cup?

    ReplyDelete